BuildingReports University was originally launched as Inspector’s Boot Camp in 2005 to become a leading training resource for the fire and life safety industry. Our partnership with Oklahoma State University allows us to provide this unique training experience.
Attendees of Inspector’s Boot Camp get everything they need for the entire week for one low price. That includes hotel, transportation, meals and all course materials. Click here to view upcoming events and to register online.
Basic Fire Alarm Class
In addition to classroom instruction, students get hands-on training at the University of Oklahoma's College of Engineering, Architecture and Technology. Attendees will learn best industry practices in the Fire Alarm Training lab. The systems include initiating devices and notification appliances. Students will leave with a better understanding of NFPA 72 codes and standards, along with an understanding of inspection best practices and improved customer service skills.
Basic Automatic Sprinkler Class
The Basic Fire Sprinkler class is also held at Oklahoma State University. This course leverages the college’s lab facility to cover water-based fire protection system inspections. Students will gain critical skill sets and knowledge to become even more valuable assets to your organization. The curriculum will feature a thorough examination of NFPA 25 codes and standards, inspection best practices and customer service skills.
Both classes include:
- Pre-Inspection Assessments – introduction and interview with customer
- Inspection Set-up – how to organize the inspection process for best results
- Best practices in conducting inspections in commercial buildings
- Post Inspection Review – conducting a post inspection review with customer
- Report Collaboration – handling pricing discrepancies, tracking authorizations and performing repairs
To book your seat, visit our eStore for a list of classes and availability.